GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These General Terms and Conditions apply to the contractual relationship established by the purchase of lift tickets, ski passes and ski value cards of the Schnalstaler Gletscherbahnen AG and define the rights and obligations of the users in connection with the use of these tickets. This concerns tickets for passenger transportation, which allow the use of the lifts and the ski slopes that are served by the lifts.
2. The Schnalstaler Gletscherbahnen AG is exclusively responsible for the operation of the lifts and the associated services, such as the preparation of the secured ski area. Any use of the remaining terrain (variant rides and use of the steep slopes) is at the user’s own risk.
3. The purchased ticket and in particular the season ticket (ski pass) is strictly for personal use and may bear the first and last name and/or a photograph of the holder. The season ticket may not be transferred, even gratuitously, and may not be exchanged or manipulated. The period of validity may not be changed.
4. When purchasing lift tickets and season tickets for minors, the accompanying adult assumes the duty of supervision specifically with regard to the use of the lift facilities, as well as the rules of conduct provided for by Law 363/2003 (with subsequent amendments and supplements) and all valid and applicable regulations of national, regional and provincial legislation. The use of lift facilities by minors is carried out under their accompanying adult’s supervision, control and exclusive liability.
5. The operator bears no responsibility or liability for improper use of the facilities, nor for the consequences of any unauthorised activity by the users while on the lifts, on the ski slopes, as well as on the associated areas. The instructions of the operating staff and the regulations and rules of conduct for users displayed at the valley station of the lifts must be followed at all times.
6. If requested by the service personnel or the control inspectors, it is necessary to show a valid ticket (the ski pass or the ski value card) and to show the user’s valid identification.
7. Any incorrect or improper use of the ticket (ski passes or the ski value cards) shall be immediately followed by their withdrawal, their annulment or their suspension of validity. Ski passes and ski value cards may also be withdrawn, or their validity suspended or cancelled, by the competent controlling authority in the event of violation of the applicable provisions of national, regional or provincial regulations. Any misuse is subject to legal proceedings: the right is reserved to take legal action to establish the criminal (e.g. for fraud - Art. 640 Italian Penal Code) or civil liability of the offender.
8. Lift tickets (ski passes and ski value cards) that have not been used or have only been partially used, withdrawn, cancelled, their validity suspended or wilfully damaged will not be replaced or refunded.
9. The ski pass will only be refunded in the event of a skiing accident from the date of deposit at the ski pass office. This requires a medical certificate issued by the hospital where the injured person was admitted to prove that the use of the facilities for the required purpose is no longer possible due to the injury. Accompanying persons or family members are not entitled to reimbursement. The refund amount is calculated on the basis of the price of the ski pass days already used. No refund is possible for ½-day and one-day ski passes.
10. Required for access to the ski lifts, the travel authorisation cards, as well as the ski pass and the ski value card as transport documents, fulfil the requirements of tax receipts (Ministerial Decree 30.06.1992 and subsequent supplements and amendments) and must be kept for the duration during which the lift facilities are used.
11. The uninterrupted operation of all lifts, as well as the ability to use all slopes of the ski area of the Schnalstaler Gletscherbahnen AG, is not guaranteed, as both are also dependent on circumstances beyond the control of the operators, such as weather and safety conditions, snow conditions, equipment failure, power availability, epidemics and/or pandemics, official orders as well as prevention due to force majeure and unforeseeable events. In all these cases, any form of refund or compensation is excluded. In contrast to the provisions of Art. 1463 and 1464 of the Italian Civil Code, any form of compensation is expressly excluded if the subsequent impossibility of performance or use is due to a cause for which (as in the above-mentioned cases) Schnalstaler Gletscherbahnen AG is not responsible.
12. Skiers ski at their own risk. The choice of the ski slope and the manner of skiing must be adapted to personal abilities, terrain conditions, snow conditions, the regulations provided by signs, weather and visibility conditions and must be coordinated with the operating hours of the lifts. Each skier must also respect the applicable regional or national legislation, the rules of conduct prescribed by Law 363/2003 and subsequent amendments, as well as the rules of conduct displayed at the ski pass issuing points, at the ski lifts or on the www.schnalstal.com website. In the event of an accident, medical assistance (first aid) and transport of the injured may be subject to charge.
13. The classification of slopes as displayed on the ski maps is to be interpreted merely as a reference and is in no way binding.
14. It is forbidden to stay on the ski slopes outside the operating hours for safety reasons. Violators are liable under both civil and criminal law for any damage caused by the violation of this regulation.
15. By purchasing and/or using the ski passes, the user declares that he/she is aware of these General Terms and Conditions and that he/she accepts them in full. These terms and conditions are available at the ski pass issuing offices and on the website www.schnalstal.com.
16. In the event of ambiguities and discrepancies between the different language versions, the Italian version of the General Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
17. Any legal proceedings concerning the validity or the execution of the contract of transport or of these General Terms and Conditions shall be governed by Italian law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Bolzano.
18. Safety measures in connection with the current epidemic. The Schnalstaler Gletscherbahnen AG is committed to taking all appropriate measures to help contain the rate of infection. Equally important is the individual behaviour of visitors, who must dutifully adhere to the regulations and advice of the authorities, which Schnalstaler Gletscherbahnen AG will also help to communicate via its website. It follows that the use of the lifts is prohibited in the event of non-compliance with the rules and regulations, the presence of typical symptoms of the SARS-CoV-2 virus or the absence of personal protective gear, where prescribed. Violators will have their lift ticket revoked and will be denied access and transport.
Any form of liability on the part of the operators of the lift facilities is excluded in the event of infection.
Please send complaints or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
20. Data protection:
In accordance with the terms of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR 2016/679), we would like to point out that the data collected will be used to fulfil the contract. By providing additional data, you automatically consent to its use within the scope of the law.